For those of you who are looking for a way to cross-train; actively prevent injury; in need of some physical rehabilitation or simply want to invest in one machine that will work their entire body at once… read on to take a serious look at the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine.
Except for those in the “know”, rowing is often overlooked and when you go to the gym, the rowers aren’t even in use. This is mostly due to people simply not being aware of the amazing health and body benefits you can achieve from rowing! If they were more educated on these, there would be lines waiting for these awesome machines!
Check out the Table below to read more on the Concept2 Model D Rower or if you are short on time check out this link on Amazon.
I have always been a cyclist and runner at heart, but in the past couple years was looking for ways to cross train and find an efficient way to train all the muscle groups of my body. That’s when I discovered the rower! After hours of research and study, I decided the Concept2 Model D was the best fit for my needs. I have never regretted that decision!
Why Buy the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine?
- Dependable, high quality and sturdy are all words you can use to describe the Concept2 Model D. It is a world-wide best selling indoor machine and is considered THE standard for indoor training by professional and competitive rowers. In my own home gym, I personally bought a Concept2 Rowing Machine from Amazon for cross training and can attest to it’s high quality performance and its ability to sculpt and tone your entire body with regular and consistent use.
- It has a 500 pound user capacity and as rowing is also a low impact exercise, it makes this a perfect machine for people looking to lose a lot of weight.
- Set up is easy and takes very little time. and the Concept2 also comes apart into two separate pieces for convenient storage and easy set up when you need to work out.
- It is a very high quality machine, but if you do run into problems it includes a 5 year warranty on the frame and a 2 year warranty on any moving parts.
- The Concept2 Model D also has a performance monitor that allows you to track your data, including your distance, speed, your pace, time, watts, and calories burned. In addition, you can keep track of the data on your PC or Mac using a USB Flash Drive (sold separately) that allows you to upload the information.
- For those who like to keep track of their heart rate, the Concept2 can also be connected with a ANT+ dongle and Bluetooth, which allows you to use many compatible heart rate monitors.
The Amazing Benefits of Rowing:
If you need more convincing, keep reading to better understand the amazing benefits rowing has on your body:
- Rowing is a low impact, FULL BODY workout. It’s considered a 40% upper body, 60% lower body workout. That’s right! It actively works 9 out of the 11 major muscle groups of the body and indirectly works the other two. What are these nine? Your quads, hamstrings, glutes, core, lats, shoulders, triceps, back and biceps. In common ‘lingo’ that’s your thighs, legs, butt, abs, shoulders, your entire back and arms. There are very few machines that can boast that range! When you complete the full motion of rowing you have used every single of these things! So if you are someone who NEEDS to be as efficient as possible, consider investing in rowing!
- Because rowing isn’t high impact, this also means it is a great option for any age or weight! If you’re elderly, it’s not going to hurt your joints like running might, and if you are overweight, the sliding seat of the rower supports your weight in such a way that makes it comparably very easy to workout and drop the extra weight you carry without excessive stress to your joints.
- It’s easy to learn! Even if you know nothing about rowing, the technique can be learned in under 10 minutes. Check out the short video below to see what I mean
- YOU are in charge of the intensity of your workout. Because of how a rower is designed, the intensity and resistance increases by how hard and fast you pull. This makes it very easy to adjust the difficulty of your workout based on your needs and desires at the time.
- It burns those calories! Compared to other machines, a rower is also very comparable in calories burned! A normal typical one hour session is between 500-1000 calories (or even more!) depending on your intensity, speed and weight.
Other Important Points:
- When fully set up, it is quite long, 9 ft by 4 ft. and although it folds up easily to fit in a corner, keep this in mind for the workout space needed!
- I have used this machine several times in the past year and love it, however, you definitely need some type of gloves to prevent blisters on your hands. I personally use finger less weight lifting gloves (you can find a number of options here on Amazon) and find they work very well in protecting your hands.
- There is no water bottle holder for the Concept2 Model D rower, but I have never found this to be a problem as you are within a foot of the ground and it’s very practical to simply put your bottle on the ground next to you.
- Although extremely easy to learn, it is very important that anyone who uses a rowing machine, watches a video or reads an instructional on the proper form. The correct way is not at all hard to learn and maintain, but it is important as improper form could lead to injury in the long run!
The Concept 2 Rowing Machine is a fantastic option for those who either want an efficient total body workout or would like a way to cross train for the sport they are in. I personally love Amazon because of their amazing customer support, free shipping and great return policies. For the current price and more information on the Concept 2 Model D, check out their site here!
If you are interested in rowing but the price of the Concept2 is out of your range, check out this page on Amazon, of other great rowers (with reviews!) that would fit into a lower budget. Many of these are amazing options and will still achieve the same effect on your body for less money!