The Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050: Product Review
Are you someone who wants to build up a home gym but your budget is limited? Or maybe you are interested in giving rowing a try but don’t want to commit to the cost of a machine like the Concept 2 rower . In either of these cases, checking out the Stamina Body Trac Glider could be well worth your time! Continue reading for more information on this low-cost, effective rowing machine or go straight to Amazon here for the current price.
Pros of the Stamina Body Trac Glider:
- It’s inexpensive. For well under $200, the Stamina Body Trac Glider fits into practically every type of budget for home gym equipment. It’s pretty hard to get much cheaper when you are talking about gym machines, so this is a huge plus for those who need a rower but are on a limited budget. (For the current price, check out Amazon here).
- It’s compact. At 23.5 by 46 inches, not only does this take up a relatively small amount of floor space, the Body Trac Glider also folds up quickly, make it easy and practical to store for those with a small space.
- It includes a monitor that cycles through your time; the number of rowing strokes you make and the calories burned in your workout. This allows you to keep track of your progress and how you improve over time.
- It has a strong steel frame allowing the machine to support up to 250 pounds of body weight. It also has a padded seat for the comfort of your sit bones as you row. (If you need a machine with a higher weight capacity, consider checking out the Concept 2 rower here.
- It also includes gas shock resistance which allows you to easily adjust the intensity of your workout.
- With the purchase of the Stamina Body Trac Glider, you also receive a one year warranty on the frame and a 90 day warranty on all other parts of the machine. Plus if you order from Amazon you get free shipping which is an awesome deal on ANYTHING that is on the heavier side (shipping costs are by weight and size so a machine that weighs 39 pounds is going to rack them up).
- It assembles easily, which is a huge plus for the majority of us who don’t like pouring hours of sweat and toil in putting together the products that we buy.
- The height of a user is not an issue, as both tall and short people use this machine very successfully.
Cons of the Stamina Body Trac Glider:
- At well UNDER $200 (go here to see the current price on Amazon), you can’t expect the level of quality and durability that you would get with a machine like the Concept 2 which falls within a significantly higher budget. If you are looking for a machine that will last you a lifetime, I strongly advise you checking the Concept 2 out. (You can read my review here).
- Some people complain of the Stamina Body Trac Glider squeaking while they workout. This could probably easily be remedied by just using the appropriate kind of greasing oil in the necessary areas. (Check Amazon here for an example of the type you would need).
What are the Benefits of Rowing:
- Rowing is a low impact exercise making it a great exercise for every age, fitness level and current strength ability. This includes pregnancy (check with your doctor first!), older, younger, men and women.
- A rowing session works all the major muscle groups of your body (legs, butt, arms, chest, back, abs etc..) , providing a total body workout with one session: something that very FEW if any other types of machines can boast of. This makes it an ideal exercise for people who have limited time to workout. It also makes it an ideal machine for those who need a total body warm-up. As an example, rowing is a very popular warm-up with crossfitters who utilize their whole body in their workouts.
- The discipline of rowing is also great for building up back and core strength plus being a VERY effective, low impact way of boosting and increasing your metabolism. For those who have joint concerns, this means you can burn off those calories and fat without negatively impacting your joints or causing undue strain to your body.
Should You Buy It?
If any of these describe you
- You want to build up your home gym but are on a low budget.
- You are interested in trying rowing
- You have limited space
- You need a workout that is efficient and effective
Then check out the Stamina Body Trac Glider here on Amazon!
Still Not Sure?
If you are still not sure or would like more information, you can check out what all these Amazon purchasers had to say about the Stamina Body Trac Glider in their reviews here.